Dark Symphony 4×12 hour performances
— If you want to see, first you must hear.
A rare and unique opportunity to hear four Koan music engines in “the ecstasy of communication.” – Jean Baudrillard
- Music engine 1 representing Noise
- Music engine 2 representing Voice
- Music engine 3 representing Rhythm
- Music engine 4 representing Tonality
Transmitted via 4 towers at the “Klangpark”, an open-air acoustic projection space in Linz.
Each tower will be assigned a simultaneous signal. The distance between the towers:
- 2 towers near the Brucknerhaus: 60 meters
- 2 towers near the River Danube: 80 meters
- Distance between the Brucknerhaus and the river: 120 meters
“Music is in advance, because music reaches the limits of any given code before the rest of society does. You can create different possible musics within a given code much more rapidly than you can explore the possible ways of organising realities. Matter is more difficult to transform.” – Jacques Attali